10. TikTok has made digital marketing more efficient. – TikTok’s algorithm is designed to show users the most relevant content, which means that businesses can be more efficient in their digital marketing efforts. TikTok’s algorithm also helps to improve the reach of businesses’ TikTok videos, as TikTok videos that are shared by users are more likely to be seen by other users.
- In addition to these changes, other social media platforms are feeling the pressure to up their game.
- For example, Instagram has TikTok to thank for their new Reels feature.
- TikTok has also been credited with increasing the popularity of vertical videos.
- LinkedIn now actively looks for followers for their “newsletter” feature.
And Facebook is said to be working on a TikTok competitor. So while TikTok may seem like just a fun place to watch trends, the reality is that TikTok has had a major impact on the digital marketing industry. And as TikTok continues to grow in popularity, we can only expect that impact to continue.
How influential is TikTok in marketing?
Time to Make the TikTok Marketing Plunge? From recent feature rollouts to off the chart viewership numbers, TikTok has eclipsed a number of social platforms in key engagement areas, such as retention rate and active collaboration features like duets and stitches.
Best-in-class brands leverage TikTok’s native tools, editing features, ad formats and ecommerce capabilities to maximize reach and facilitate purchase. In fact, 84% of the top 50 brands ranked in Gartner’s latest Social Media Benchmarks Digital IQ had a TikTok profile as of November 2021. However, there are still many high-performing brands that are either underinvesting in their brand TikTok pages or ignoring the platform altogether.
What does this mean for digital marketing leaders?
How has TikTok impacted business?
How Small Businesses Can Leverage TikTok to Generate More Sales By: Tatyana Parham Founded in 2016, TikTok has gained immense popularity over the last few years, providing a wealth of content, entertainment, and information for over 800 million monthly users in over 150 global markets.
As one of the five most downloaded apps in the world, TikTok provides small businesses with an opportunity to expand their reach and connect with an engaged audience. By incorporating TikTok into your small business’s marketing strategy, you can solidify brand recognition and messaging, highlight product and service offerings, and connect with a growing and influential audience that has the potential to become loyal and lifelong customers.
As internet usage has dramatically increased since the beginning of the pandemic, people are finding new ways to consume content and engage with forms of entertainment as a way to remain productive, aware, and connected throughout lockdown. TikTok provides marketers with a direct way to reach target audiences and foster real-time conversations that shape relevant thought and interests as a community.
Utilizing TikTok can greatly expand your small business’s reach, therefore attracting more potential customers and resultantly generating increased sales and supporting your bottom line. Here are a few ways small business owners can leverage TikTok marketing to boost sales: Create Authentic and Interesting Content In the digital age, creative, short-form video is taking over the social media marketing landscape.
Consumers are increasingly seeking engaging, fun, and authentic content that is relatable and provides value. Today’s users desire trustworthy interactions online from real people with real experiences, so it’s important to build a platform that is transparent and responsive to evolving trends and consumer interests.
- Once you are acclimated to the app and understand popular trends and messaging that resonate with your audience, you can begin making videos that support your business’s branding in a creative and modern light.
- Further, marketers shouldn’t stray from their company’s branding and messaging in order to engage with potential consumers – don’t worry, your marketing team doesn’t need to join the latest dance challenges in order to succeed on TikTok! Instead, you can stay on brand and become an authoritative thought leader on the app, providing useful expertise that is relevant to your niche market and connects with users in a genuine manner.
For example, a cake decorator can create short videos showing behind-the-scenes clips of their upgraded kitchen, five tips for making the perfect icing, baking their famous strawberry shortcake recipe, or even footage of their cakes from their latest catering event.
- Don’t forget that audio selection and effects can go a long way in transforming mundane tips and tricks into fun and entertaining video content.
- Connect With Your Target Audience TikTok provides small business owners with an opportunity to tap into what content their target audience really wants to see, without spending a lot of money in advertising.
If you can create exciting content consistently, the TikTok algorithm will display your content to more and more people, just like on Instagram. Think of the most pressing topics that your audience shows an interest in on other channels dedicated to your niche, and brainstorm content ideas based around those conversations.
- Build stronger relationships with your following by actively engaging users to spark dialogues on the app and boost brand awareness.
- The most popular way to easily attract potential consumers is to incorporate popular hashtags that are relevant to your niche.
- Small business owners can use TikTok SEO to optimize your channel so people increasingly find your content on the Discover or For You pages.
Another effective method to increase user engagement is influencer marketing. Influencers and micro-influencers typically have sustainable credibility with their local following, and are ideal for startups that want to target specific customer groups.
Creating effective TikTok content really boils down to authenticity, creativity, and paying attention to relevant topics for your business, audience, and niche market. Scale With TikTok Ads One of the biggest advantages of using TikTok for small business marketing is not needing to spend large amounts of money on videographers or editors to create polished and effective content, like on YouTube.
Money typically used for production can instead be better utilized on TikTok advertising, which can be filtered by age, gender, and location to give small businesses a direct pathway to communicate with target audiences. After setting up an ad campaign, reaching your target audience should be fairly quick and easy.
TikTok offers five different types of ads: – In-feed ads- Branded hashtags – Top view ads – Branded effects – Brand Takeovers You can learn more about the different types of TikTok ads for small business,
You can reach your target audience on TikTok through interest targeting or behavioral targeting, as well as with custom or lookalike audiences. Similar to Facebook ads, interest targeting allows you to select topics relevant to your audience, and TikTok will directly target those groups based on common interests.
Behavioral targeting allows you to target audiences based on their behavior on the app within the past seven or fifteen days. Custom targeting allows you to provide a customer email list to reach people who have already interacted with your brand, and lookalike audiences reach people similar to an existing audience.
By using these methods, small business owners are able to directly reach audiences who are actually interested in your niche content and are more likely to engage and convert into paying customers. Small business TikTok advertising is a fun way to engage with potential customers and boost overall brand awareness.
Why TikTok trends are good for marketing?
Conclusion – To summarize, TikTok trends have become an important component of marketing in the digital age. TikTok has become a key tool for businesses to reach a larger audience and enhance brand recognition because of its vast user base and extremely engaging content.
- Businesses may develop highly engaging content that resonates with their target audience and promotes their products or services by harnessing TikTok trends.
- TikTok trends allow businesses to display their creativity and engage with their audience in a new way.
- Businesses may tap into the interests and passions of their target audience and establish a devoted following by generating content that corresponds with the latest trends.
TikTok trends also allow businesses to stay ahead of the competition by staying up to date on the latest trends and using them in their marketing plans. The power of TikTok trends to go viral is one of its most significant features. Businesses can acquire exposure to a large audience and enhance brand visibility by providing content that resonates with a diverse spectrum of users.
TikTok trends also have a snowball effect, which means that the more users engage with a trend, the more likely it is to grow even more popular and reach an even larger audience. Social media platforms have become an essential component of marketing strategy in today’s digital age. TikTok’s distinct style and extremely engaging content have helped it to become one of the most popular venues for businesses to communicate with their target audiences.
Businesses may enhance their reach, develop brand awareness, and eventually grow their business by incorporating TikTok trends into their marketing efforts. Similarly, businesses may generate highly engaging content that connects with their target market and sells their products or services by staying up to speed with the current trends and developing material that corresponds with their audience’s interests and passions.
How TikTok is changing consumer behavior?
TikTok Users’ Consumer Behavior – These stats highlight the consumer behavior of TikTok users:
- Users spend 14% more when TikTok is part of the purchase journey
- 37% of users discovered something on TikTok and immediately went to buy it.
- 35% of TikTok users buy something they see on the platform.
- 29% of users say they weren’t able to buy a product they discovered on TikTok because it was sold out.
- 39% of TikTok users say “lifting spirits” is a key factor when they decide to buy a product.
- 44% of TikTok users discover products from videos posted by a brand.
- 44% of TikTok users discover products through ads in their feed.
- 38% of TikTok users interacted with a video posted by a brand while actively doing product research.
- 24% of TikTok users interacted with ads in their feed while actively doing product research.
Why is TikTok so influential?
The Bottom Line – TikTok is an astronomically popular web app, with more than 3.5 billion downloads worldwide. TikTok allows users to make short videos, roughly 15–30 seconds in length, and distribute them within the app’s following. Most of the videos are based on entertainment, hijinks, and comedy.
- The site is particularly popular with the under-24 crowd, with about 40% of its users falling in the 18–24 age range.
- At this time, TikTok is wholly and privately owned by a Chinese parent company, ByteDance, which has raised fears of TikTok being used to collect and manipulate users’ data by the Chinese government or related entities.
TikTok is banned in India for national security concerns, and is banned on U.S. federal and most state governments’ web devices. The U.S. and the EU are both cracking down on TikTok over privacy and ownership concerns, potentially resulting in a ban on the app in those jurisdictions.
How has TikTok helped businesses grow?
Benefits of TikTok for small business – TikTok can be very beneficial to your business if you use it strategically. It gives you the opportunity to create diverse, engaging content that comes across as genuine to your consumers.
Audience reach: TikTok is one of the most used social media platforms, joining the ranks of heavy-hitters like Facebook, YouTube and Instagram. It has 1 billion active monthly users in 141 countries. More eyes on the app mean more potential for those eyes landing on one of your branded ads. This makes it an attractive marketing platform for businesses that want to reach a large audience. Consumer engagement: Users aren’tjust downloading the app; they are actively engaging with content on TikTok, resulting in a high engagement level. The average user spends 858 minutes per month on the app, and this number has been increasing dramatically year over year. This, accompanied by TikTok’s unique delivery algorithms, gives you the ability to see high brand engagement, Creative opportunity: Brands on TikTok thrive with content that is whimsical and entertaining. This allows you to explore different aspects of your business, such as what makes you fun and interesting, and TikTok provides a platform where those fun aspects will be welcomed (and can even make you money).
A study conducted by Kantar in partnership with TikTok found that nearly 30% of Gen Z users have purchased a product they saw advertised on TikTok.
Why TikTok is important for brands?
TikTok is being used by marketers daily to connect with new audiences. For more visibility and interest, most of them favor organic content strategies. User-generated content, which results from encouraging your audience to make and share films, is among the best organic techniques most businesses utilize on TikTok.
Why is TikTok better than Instagram for marketing?
Influencer Partnerships – If you want to partner with influencers, you should know the difference between Instagram influencer marketing and TikTok influencer marketing. As we noted earlier, Instagram content tends to be more polished than TikTok content.
Does TikTok increase brand awareness?
1. Increase Your Chances Of Going Viral – About 10% of small businesses that use TikTok go viral. TikTok’s algorithm recommends content to users based on user preferences – likes, following, and interactions – to boost video views. The publicity from TikTok’s viral content increases website traffic and brand awareness.
What are the positive things about TikTok?
4. You Can Follow the Latest Trends on TikTok – TikTok community is a trendsetter. When a TikTok video goes viral, video creators all over the internet follow that concept. TikTokers also use this platform to create unique challenges, like dance challenges, which often become worldwide trends.
- As far as fashion is concerned, people take inspiration from their favorite TikTokers and start dressing up and behaving like them.
- So, TikTok influences people in every walk of life, and it plays a significant role in setting the latest trends for this generation.
- While using TikTok, you’ll feel like a part of a community whether you are following TikTokers or have followers of your own.
It’s because the platform promotes interactions among people, helping create a bond—a community. This bond is further strengthened when TikTok influencers create physical events where people gather and interact. In this way, TikTok helps create one big happy family that you can become a part of and enjoy.
- In 2020, many celebrities joined this community because they felt the need to interact with their fans in times of COVID.
- These celebrities include Reese Witherspoon, Snoop Dogg, Dua Lipa, and Kendall Jenner, among many others.
- TikTok is an all-in-one platform where you will find videos related to anything and everything.
The app provides you with many ideas to get your creative juices flowing. If you are a fan of dance, you will find a vast collection of dance videos on the platform. If you are an art or nature lover, you’ll find the most aesthetic videos on this video-sharing network.
How popular is TikTok in advertising?
TikTok Ads Insights – The fact that you can go viral overnight has pushed most brands to go for TikTok ads, Businesses are ready to pay $50,000 per day for a brand takeover with 5 million impressions guaranteed on TikTok. Why? Overall, TikTok advertising is more expensive compared to advertising on Facebook or Instagram. Look at more of these TikTok stats to strategize your ads on the platform effectively.
- In 2022, TikTok’s revenue from advertising saw a significant increase of 200% year over year, reaching a total of $11.04 billion.
- TikTok has an ad reach of roughly 885 million people.
- TikTok offers five advertising tiers aimed at big brands. One of which, a branded hashtag challenge, reportedly costs $150,000 per day.
- TikTok ads reach 17.9% of all internet users aged 18+.
- 63% of All Successful TikTok Ads Communicate Their Message Right Away.
- Partnering with creators boosts view-through rates by 193%.
- TikTok Ads reach 25% of Female Gen Z users and 17.9% of male Gen Z users.
- TikTok’s ad revenue is greater than Snapchat and Twitter combined.
- A brand takeover can cost anywhere from $50K to $100K daily, with 5 million impressions guaranteed on TikTok.
- With TikTok video ads, you can send users to a landing page, an app page, or your website.
- 90% of branded hashtag challenges generate 2.5X ROI on ad spend.
- Challenges with hashtags cost brands $100,000+ on TikTok.
- TikTok ads start at $10 per 1000 views with a $500 minimum per campaign.
- 61% of TikTokers mentioned that they tend to buy from brands they see advertised, and 63% consider themselves brand conscious.
- Brands are currently buying TikTok’s in-feed ads for $10 per impression with a $6,000 minimum campaign spend.
- Brands create 3.7% of the content on TikTok.
- 33% of customers respond better when ads refer to them directly on TikTok.
- 50% of ads have emotional messages.
Conclusion It took Instagram six years after its start to reach a billion monthly active users, which TikTok did in less than three. It took the better four years for Facebook to reach the same monthly active user mark. No wonder why marketers are making an appearance on TikTok.
The platform is also the birthplace of captivating social media trends for young consumers.U.S. users spend an average of 500 minutes per month using the app due to its retentive content, which keeps them engaged for a longer time duration. Its quick video format isn’t just for dance challenges and lip-syncing, but those are two of its most well-known uses.
TikTok creators utilize social media capabilities to talk about difficult topics, advocate for change, and educate their viewers on various niches. Are you looking for more statistics? Here is the list of all the latest social media statistics:
- Facebook Statistics
- Instagram Statistics
- Linkedin Statistics
- Snapchat Statistics
- Pinterest Statistics
- Snapchat Statistics
Is TikTok good for promoting business?
Tips To Keep In Mind When Making A TikTok – • Keep it short and sweet. Viewers on TikTok have a shorter attention span than other social media platforms, so your ad should be no longer than 15 seconds, or people are more likely to stop watching before it’s over.
- Use creative visuals.
- Since TikTok is all about videos, make sure your ad stands out with eye-catching visuals.
- This could mean using colorful graphics or funny animations.
- However you go about making your video, make sure it is interesting; ads perceived as “boring” are more likely to be skipped over by users.
• Use popular music. One of the most important parts of any TikTok video is the soundtrack. Choose a song that is popular on the platform and that matches your brand identity. Using outdated or unknown songs will likely turn off viewers. • Avoid being too salesy.
- Unlike other social media platforms, viewers on TikTok are not expecting to see ads.
- Eep your ad lighthearted and fun, without being too pushy about your product or service.
- All in all, TikTok has proven itself to be a highly effective social media platform for businesses.
- Its unique format makes it fun for customers while simultaneously giving your business the chance to show off new products or services that you have available for public viewing.
It provides an interactive experience where people can follow companies they may not have through other social media platforms. Forbes Business Council is the foremost growth and networking organization for business owners and leaders. Do I qualify?